Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wilton Cake Decorating Basic Class 2 - 4

I know that I had intended to give you weekly updates on the class, but I have fallen behind 3 weeks. So I am going to tell you all about them right now.

Week 2:

In order to prepare for this class, we were told in advance to bring a cake to our class and prepare some buttercream icing.

When we got to class, we started by torting our cake and filling between the layers. Once that was done we learned how to crumb coat and then ice our cakes properly.





While we waited for our cakes to set, we practiced with our decorating tips and learned how to use piping gel to transfer a design onto our cakes.


Real quick job as we ran out of time at end of class to even do this.
 Class 3:

I missed this class, Jr. Princess was home sick. But according to my Sister In Law, they learned how to use other decorating tips and make flowers and leaves.

Class 4:

Since this was our last class, it was the final test to show what we learned and try and put some of it together. Keeping in mind, the class is only 2 hours long, this can be challenging. For this class we needed to bring a iced cake with us, ready to be decorated.

I did find the last class to be slightly challenging especially since I missed the previous class. But the nice thing was that we did learn how to make the Wilton Rose in the last class. 



Let me tell you that making these flowers are hard on the wrists, my wrist was killing me from squeezing that bag.



and finally, the finished product:


And that is how I ended my first cake decorating course.

This week we begin our second course: Flowers and Cake Design. Again it is a 2 hour class, once a week for 4 weeks. AND.... we also signed up for 3 specialty class this month as well. Character Cakes, Cupcakes (Halloween themed) and a class where we will learn how to make those stand up Barbie Doll Cakes. So excited...

I promise to start blogging about it a little more regularly than I have.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment