I know that I wanted to start blogging about my baking courses as soon as they started, but since School started today, this post is way more important.
My baby is officially a big boy. Jr Puff started JK today.
What an emotional roller coaster of a ride taking him to school this mornign was. Im proud of him, he was so excited. He could hardly wait to put that back pack on and go to school. He was beaming.
His teacher seems to be really nice and patient. You see, patience is very important since I have the December baby and he is officially the youngest in his class. We all know the difference a year can make in a childs development, especially when they are that young.
I dropped him off, I told the teacher that I was afraid that she wouldn't be paying attention and he would leave he class without her knowing. She told me that she was a Mom too and that she would not let that happen.
So off I went. She told us to leave and not linger cause it will make it worse. I left the building and heard him shout my name and start to bawl. He saw me through the classroom window leaving. That was enough for me. I broke down. I knew that he would adjust well. Jr Puff truly is an amazing little boy. He is so full of life and love. He is not shy at all.
I sat in my car for a few minutes and actually contemplated sitting there and waiting for him for the next 2.5 hours. Then I convinced myself that I didn't want to be that Mom. He is growing up and I need to learn to trust and let go. So off I went.
I went shopping. Since Jr. Puff just learned to potty on his own the past 2 weeks, he is by no means an expert. He does not know how to do up zippers and button. So, I realized that he needs elastic band waist only pants. A couple of hours and some pants later.. I headed back to the school.
At exactly 11:30 out came Jr.Puff holding his teachers hand and just beaming from ear to ear. Back pack on his back, lunch bag in his other hand he came running towards me. This was when I knew that he was going to be okay. Off we went to the car as he told me about snack time and how he ate his cookies and banana. Still all smiles.
He really is a big boy and his Mama wishes him nothing but the brightest future as he embarks on this new journey. I love you baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment