Monday, April 25, 2011

Busy Mom, Hopeful Blogger.

I started blogging because it was something that I wanted to to do mostly for myself. A place to share my experiences and I place that I could write. Somewhere to tell MY story no matter what that story was or is. But its not that easy.

I have always found solace in writing. I kept a journal all through University and have written a million letters in my time that I have never mailed or given to the intended recipient... writing my thoughts and experiences has always been something that I do to help myself.

I thought that by blogging, I would be able to feel the same way. But it is totally different. Whatever is written here, is embedded onto the the Internet forever. So writing as freely and as openly as I want - is much harder here. Then there is the fact that I experience writers block quite frequently. I am not the most articulate person in the world. I speak basic English, I hate big words and just want to write. But with writing comes judgement and nobody wants to be judged the wrong way. Lets face it, we get judged all the time.

Looking past all the reason mentioned above, another challenge with blogging is the time commitment. I envy all my mother friends on Twitter and everywhere else for that matter that seem to write posts regularly as well as have the time to comment on a million different posts. I barely have time to write a post let alone read and comment on anyone else's. I have so many blog posts bookmarked because I want to read them or because I have read them and need to comment on them... but no time to do it.

Between my job that is demanding and my 2 kids under 4 - there is just not enough hours in the day.

BLOGGING IS TOUGH!

But - I love it regardless and I know that somewhere, somehow something I say or something I write will help someone else either feel better about themselves or they will just be able to relate.

In the mommyhood household, we have seen A LOT of illness this past Winter. We have had ear infections upon ear infections, colds, stomach flus, fevers, pneumonia and right back full circle again. I have had nothing to say. I have experienced nothing but writers block as of recently.

I could possibly write about:

1. How I cope with having a demanding job where I seem to travel often and 2 kids under 4.

2. How we have coped through all the illnesses.

3. I could write about that Disney vacation we took last November.

4. I could write about the amazing Easter weekend we had the traditions that we as a young family are establishing.

5. I could talk about my feelings towards vaccines and all the media that its has received as of late, including an article I read a few weeks ago by some person who used to work in the vaccine and pharmaceutical field that is now saying that there are not so sure that vaccines don't contribute to Autism.

But nope.. no words.

I know that as a Blogaholic, my readers expect me to give them advice and share reviews and ideas and stuff with them. Today I am asking my readers for advice - how do I find time to be a better blogger since I love it so much, yet just don't have the words or time to do it.

I love the Blogger world out there. I have met some amazing women and fellow Mothers because of it. I have read some amazing stories, some strong opinions and have read some great reviews. I want to be like that.

So that is it readers - busy Mom and hopeful blogger.

Tell me, what do you like to read and hear about?

No comments:

Post a Comment