Every night at bedtime, my 3 year old son and I argue over who will get to spend a few moments laying in bed and playing on my iPod Touch.
You should see him. He knows how to turn it on, slide his finger across the pages to find the apps that he is looking for. He knows where the volume is. He plays his various games on it every night. He does this with very little help from me. So when the PTPA (Parent Tested Parent Approved) announced StoryChimes as a Spring Campaign Winner, I was thrilled to be given the opportunity to review this product.
Simply put, StoryChimes are interactive children's stories available for the iPhone and iPod Touch and can be purchased through the Apple iTunes App Store.
Some of the StoryChimes on iTunes:
- Goldybear and the Three Locks
- Little Red Riding Hood
- Jack and the Beanstalk
- Twas The Night Before Jasper's Christmas;
- and many more.... click here for a complete list.
For those of you who own either the iPod Touch or iPhone, know how easy it is to download apps from iTunes. In just a couple of clicks, the Goldybear and the Three Locks and Little Red Riding Hood StoryChimes were mine.
Goldybear and the Three Locks By John Haney
Here's our spin on the classic "Goldilocks" fairy tale. It's the story of a little bear named Goldybear. She lives in a very small cave with a very large family and the only thing she wishes for is some peace & quiet.
Once upon a time her wish is granted by a sly fox. He grants the wish with certain conditions that Goldy must meet or she has to go back home. Come along with Goldybear on her very own fairy tale!
Little Red Riding Hood By The Brothers Grimm
"My, what big teeth you have!" she says. "The better to eat you with!" And just as she's about to be eaten she's rescued by the hunter who'd been in search of the wolf for some time. She lives happily ever after.
My son loved both stories and so did I. Here are the reasons why:
- Bright beautiful illustrations.
- Option to read along with the story or just listen to the clear and concise narration. (as mentioned earlier, my son is 3 years old, he cannot read yet but having the words and the option to read along is fabulous as it teaches him the letters and the words)
- Easy to use, just the slide of a finger.
- Affordable. All the StoryChimes apps are either 99 cents or free.
I should also mention that my son is very hyper. He has no patience when I read him books. He does not let me finish reading the page with out already forcing me to turn ahead. Both stories that we reviewed kept his full attention and we actually listened and watched both stories.
What I also love about it is that I can take it with me anywhere I go, so next time we are at the doctors office waiting, stuck in traffic or anywhere for that matter and my son starts getting impatient and hyper, I can pull out my iPod and have him watch and listen to the StoryChimes. They are such classic stories, they can be read/heard over and over again. I may just have to get him his own iPod Touch sooner than I imagined.
So for those of you out there with an iPhone or iPod Touch and with kids, this is the perfect iTunes app for you. What are you waiting for? Hurry up and get on iTunes and download some StoryChimes now.
For more information about StoryChimes:
StoryChimes Website: http://www.youtube.com/storychimes
You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/storychimes
PTPA Media Website: http://www.ptpamedia.com/winner_large.php?id=1011&category=Electronics,Entertainment,Book
Giveaway! (US Residents Only)
StoryChimes has generously offered 2 mommyhood and then some readers, 5 stories each.
To enter, visit their website, learn more about their stories and then leave a comment here on my blog telling me why and which stories you would love to win.
I will draw a winner on Tuesday March 30, 2010).
Good luck readers!
A great big thank you to StoryChimes for sponsoring this contest.
Contest Rules:
1. This contest is only open to US resident at this time.
(NOTE: Canadian residents, you can still purchase the stories from iTunes for .99 cents, keep in mind that some stories are also free).
2. All winners will be chosen by Random.org.
3. In order to claim your prize, the winners must contact me within one (1) week of their name being announced on mommyhood and then some website. If I do not hear from you in that time, an alternate winner will be chosen.




I would love the Goldylocks story. I have a little girl with blonde curly hair and everyone says she looks like her! She is 20 months and loves stories! princessjoy619@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteJoy
I would love Lucky Chuck the Chicken Duck. My son loves for me to read to him!
ReplyDelete