His response:
"What do you mean... Great Family, Great job, Great Friends, Great Life... what more could I ask for... Life is great... Very Happy with it."
That is it. The dream.
I share in his dream and agree with him fully. He definitely got it right. In this day and age of stress and money and expenses, 30 year mortgages, RESP's being open at the birth of your child, just so you can afford to send them to University or College 18 years later, debts and other things. My husband got it right. Who cares about those things. Life goes on every single day.
This is our dream. It may not be anyone else's dream. It is OUR dream and we certainly are living it.
Are you living your dream?
While all of the things that you mention play a part in our lives and impact us day to day, they can't be the most important things, we can't allow ourselves to be defined by them. Is it important that we save for our children to go to school? Obviously, my answer is yes, but at the same time I don't think it is what defines us. I posted once that far too often we are so focused on our futures that we forget to live for today as well. If we lose sight of today then really we have no real future and everything we do today ulitmately will impact our future.
ReplyDeleteGood post though... Happy to know that you are living our dream as well.
Yes, I finally feel that I am. I was in an unhappy career for almost 10 years. It wasn't until I stopped working and started the photography business that I finally felt a sense of peace in my life. Sure I still get stressed out at times, but I always come back to the root of my happiness...my family.
ReplyDelete