Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Struggling with Cradle Cap?

Here is a post that I just posted on my blog at www.ptpamedia.com

When my son was a newborn baby a couple of years back, he suffered from a pretty bad case of cradle cap. It was all over his head, his forehead, his eyelids. It was soo hard to deal with. I turned to friends, to our Doctors and everyone had the same piece of advice: "Rub on some baby oil, let it sit for a few minutes and then comb the flakes out." This is what I did, over and over again until his scalp was no longer producing the cradle cap. You might be wondering what the problem is? It was ridiculous to wash out. I would shampoo his little head twice or three times and when he was dry, it would still be oily from the oil. This is what we did, it worked. He went around with greasy hair.

When my daughter was born last spring, she developed cradle cap as well. Today she is nearly 9 months old and still has a bit of cradle cap. Because I hated the whole oil routine, I started doing more research to see if they had developed something better, something specific for cradle cap removal in the 2 years since I had my son. Sure enough - MD Moms had. They developed a product called Baby Silk Gentle Scalp Rub. I happen be in a baby speciality store and there is was sitting on the shelf with other MD Moms products. I thought - why not - cannot be any worse than the old fashion way.

To my surprise, I loved it.

It works the exact same way. Rub, comb out, wash out. I was very happy to find out that it is a cream and it is not greasy. So, I rubbed it on her little head, left it in for a few minutes and then combed out the cradle cap. The flakes came out so easily. The best part - it washed out and left baby's scalp clean, moisturized and hair non-greasy.

I have used it twice already and think that every Mom who has children who suffer from cradle cap - should have this cream in the house.

Please check out MD Moms website: http://www.mdmoms.com/ to get more information on their products.

For those of you not familiar with the term cradle cap, here is a good article that summarizes it and outlines causes, signs and treatment (the old fashion way): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cradle_cap

Cradle cap removal has never been more easy.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning pictures of your kids!

    Great advice about cradle cap. I didn't have a problem with this with Oscar, but I have a friend whose daughter has it. I will pass along your advice!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete