Jr. Princess is now 3 months old. We have yet to take her to the Doctor's for her 2 month vaccine.
After Jr. Puff was born, we fully followed the vaccine schedule, not only did he get his 2, 4 and 6 mos shots - but we also opted to give him the menjugate shot at 3, 5 and 7 months. Nothing out of the ordinary. He reacted like any other baby - cranky, sleepy and even a slight fever. Nothing that a little tylenol didn't make more comfortable.
You might be sitting there wondering what the problem is.
When he turned one we took him for the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccine that the Doctor adminstered the same day. They told us that at about 5 days afterwards, he could develop a fever. Not only did he develop a fever - but he developed a seizure as well.
Scary.
He was taken to Ambulance to the nearest hospital.
Febrile seizure was what was diagnosed. Something they say is extremely common and not harmful. Also - they also claimed that it was not related to the MMR/Chicken Pox vaccine. Its been a year and a half and I am not convinced.
Here are my reasons why:
Jr. Puff has pretty much been sick and a fever once a month since this episode and has never had a seizure again. Im talking fevers that have been all over the place. Jumped as high as 106.
He has not had any other vaccines since then.
They say febrile seizures are not the result of how high a fever gets but how fast it jumps. Jr. Puff's fevers jump quickly.
Onto Jr. Princess.
I haven't given her any vaccines. I am afraid to. Im afraid to go through that again. Is that selfish?
Most of the research that I have done says that siblings of children who have had febrile seizures are more likely to get them as well.
I am also fully aware of the harmful chemicals that go into vaccines. I have read about it all. I also know the benefits and the reasons why children and adults alike are vaccinated.
Stuck at a crossroad, not sure what to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment